- The Basin Plan requires 262GL water recovery from the NSW Murray PLUS a portion of the shared recovery target of around 196GL (default pro-rata distribution).
- Based on entitlement distribution in the NSW Murray this equates to a reduction of around 37% of General Security Water Entitlements available to Murray Irrigation customer shareholders.
With the potential for more if Sustainable Diversion Limit projects are not met.
Environmental Water Recovery - Murray Irrigation Region
As of 31st May 2015
- 1995 – 30GL Murray Irrigation conveyance water transferred to NSW Government for Adaptive Environmental Water.
- 1995-2010 – Land and Water Management Plans investing $105m Government funds with $544m community contribution.
- The Living Murray program (NSW and Commonwealth) 45GL.
- Water for Rivers 11GL.
- 268GL MIL has been recovered for the Murray Darling Basin Plan (6GL more than the target – this could grow 6000 tons of rice).
This is 27% of MIL entitlements, with 10% to go.